The Division of Teaching Excellence and Innovation offers up to 1.5-hour “just-in-time” course-specific TA training workshops for interested instructors. Example topics include:
- Maximizing collaborative learning in discussion and lab
- Working with learning assistants (LAs) in labs and discussions
- Supporting diversity in classes with underrepresented groups
- Grading writing assignments
- Dealing with hot-button discussion topics
- Creating activities for active learning in discussion
We request at least two weeks advance notice with the training topic and names of TAs to be trained. For more information, please contact Matthew Mahavongtrakul at email@example.com.