We are excited to announce the 2024 DTEI Faculty Fellows for Digital Learning Excellence are David Trend, Professor of Art; Stacy Branham, Associate Professor of Informatics; and Rachael Barry, Assistant Professor of Teaching in Microbiology and Immunology. They will partner with DTEI’s Digital and Online Learning team to help create future faculty development opportunities and offer faculty consultation and support services. In their role, fellows are expected to:
- Showcase their experience in technology-enhanced, hybrid, and online teaching
- Share expertise in inclusive course design and digital learning
- Foster active learning by encouraging the adoption of Canvas and other digital active learning tools
- Offer teaching consultations to assist other faculty with designing, teaching, and enhancing their courses
- Support DTEI initiatives, programming, services, workshops, etc.
- Establish and lead faculty learning communities for digital learning excellence
The DTEI faculty fellowship for Digital Learning Excellence was created for faculty who showcase extraordinary creativity in inclusive course design and are devoted to integrating digital active learning strategies into their teaching to enhance the student learning experience. The one-year fellowship begins on July 1 and ends on June 30 of the following year.
Visit the DTEI faculty fellowship for Digital Learning Excellence webpage to learn more about this year’s fellows. If you are interested in serving as a DTEI faculty fellow, please contact DTEIsupport@uci.edu for more information.