Graduate students and post-doctoral scholars who complete University Studies 390X or earn the Certificate in Teaching Excellence can apply for the Pedagogical Liaisons Program. In addition, graduate students who complete the program are fast-tracked to the interview stage of the Pedagogical Fellowship application if they apply.
Selected candidates provide 10 hours of pedagogical service to their department or school. To satisfy the 10-hour minimum, candidates can:
- facilitate pedagogy workshop(s) for their department or school
- assist a Pedagogical Fellow (PF) with the design and facilitation of the two-day TA Professional Development Program. Contact Dr. Danny Mann (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check if a PF in your field needs assistance.
- assist with facilitating 390X and assessing assignments
- serve on a teaching committee
- design a course
- conduct peer observations & teaching consultations
- conduct COPUS observations of instructors in the Anteater Learning Pavilion. If you are interested in this service, please contact Ashley Hooper at email@example.com. This service consists of a 1hr training followed by 9hr of COPUS observations. This is a great way to learn how to use a peer-reviewed observation protocol!
In addition, we will consider other creative ways to meet the 10-hour requirement.
We accept applications year-round: Pedagogical Liaisons Application
Once the 10 hours of service are complete, participants submit a Reflection Paper to complete the program.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Hooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.