The Division of Teaching Excellence and Innovation (DTEI) is dedicated to partnering with faculty, graduate students, and postdocs to maximize students’ academic success. We accomplish this by cultivating exceptional learning environments across campus through pedagogical development opportunities focused on integrating innovative, evidence-based teaching practices. DTEI’s goals align with the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (OVPTL) and Pillar 2 and 4 of the UCI Strategic Plan:
- Enhance pedagogical training for faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and staff by providing and developing certification, teaching assistant training, and fellowship programs.
- Partner with campus researchers to collect and disseminate data on evidence-based practices that the campus community can use to improve student success.
- Promote the effective utilization of digital technologies by the UCI community to foster teaching innovation and enhance student face-to-face and online learning.
- Coordinate efforts to systematically align campus learning environments with current and emerging educational practices to maximize student success.
- Evaluate the impact of DTEI programs and campus learning environments on both students and instructors, utilizing assessment data to further improve teaching and learning on campus.