Please note that this workshop has assignments prior to the synchronous Zoom meeting.
Perusall is a free, web-based platform that allows instructors and students to annotate assigned readings. The platform can encourage close reading and create a space for interaction and discussion of course content. This workshop is designed for those interested in learning more about the platform and its use at UCI.
1. Please follow the instructions below to enroll in the UCI demo course. (If you already have an account on Perusall, log on and enroll in the course).
- Go to Perusall.com and register for an account
- Once you have logged in, click “Enroll in a Course” at the top of the page and enter the course code C-JENKS-A85LA
- You should now be able to see course reading assignments.
- Click on the assignment (e.g., “Clark, Perusall: Social learning platform for reading and annotating”) and open the document.
- You should be able to see comments from others and highlight sections of the text to add your own.
2. Read and comment on the pre-assigned documents to get a sense of how Perusall works.
3. On Thursday, September 17 at 2pm, come to the workshop with your impressions, ideas, and questions. Several UCI instructors will be available to answer questions and describe how they have used Perusall in their classes. Zoom link: https://uci.zoom.us/j/98094455501
4. Please contact Angela Jenks (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!