The Innovative Learning Technology Initiative (ILTI), established by UCOP in January 2013, is designed to meet UC campus needs for high-quality online courses. The Initiative will enhance the educational opportunities and achievements of UC students by helping them gain access to high-demand courses, satisfy degree requirements, and graduate on time. UC ladder-rank faculty, LSOEs, and LPSOEs are welcome to submit proposals as Principal Investigators (PI) for fully online courses.
Since 2013, ILTI has funded more than 60 UCI courses to be developed online. The Division of Teaching Excellence and Innovation (DTEI) at UC Irvine offers faculty consultation for preparing the proposal as well as developing online courses. If you are interested in submitting an ILTI proposal, please contact Megan Linos, the Director of Learning Experience Design and Online Education, at email@example.com for assistance.
- Large-enrollment undergraduate general education courses that are commonly offered across UC campuses, course sequences, and required courses for a number of majors.
- Undergraduate courses that are offered at least once a year during the academic year (excluding summer); course must be available for cross-campus enrollment across UC after the course is developed to be delivered online.
- Unit-18 lecturers must partner with a Co-PI who is a member of the Academic Senate (e.g. ladder-rank faculty, LSOEs and LPSOEs) to submit the proposal.
- Once awarded, faculty must commit to offer their course fully online at least 5 times.
- Download the application package and answer the questions in appendix A.
- Join the ILTI RFP information session (October 22, 2018 from 3 to 5 PM in AIRB 1030). Send your R.S.V.P. online at https://goo.gl/XNEdht.
- Schedule an initial consultation session with DTEI staff by sending an email to DTEIsupport@uci.edu.
- Meet with DTEI staff to develop the grant application and the budget proposal. This process usually takes two or three rounds of revision.
Once your proposal is accepted, contact DTEI at DTEIsupport@uci.edu to schedule an initial appointment to discuss the course development plan. We recommend you allow two quarters for course development before delivering it online.
- The maximum award is $90k per course and an average of $6,500 for revisions
Funding is provided for:
- Transforming a face-to-face course to an online version
- Developing a completely new online course
- Revising an existing online course
- Design & development of hybrid courses
**Please note that fully online courses are a high priority and that a limited number of hybrids will be selected for funding
For more information regarding RFP 7 funding guidelines please visit: https://www.ucop.edu/innovative-learning-technology-initiative/proposals/index.html
- The Innovative Learning Technology Initiative (ILTI) Request for Proposals 7 (RFP 7) opens and will remain open until
Tips & Reminders To Help You Get Started: